Support the Dhamma
Ariya Magga Buddhist Missionary Society has the explicit goal of helping people improve their quality of life by freeing themselves from the dukkhā – that range of experiences, from dissatisfaction to anguished suffering – found in daily living. The means to accomplish this is the application and practice of the Noble Eightfold Path – the Buddha Dhamma. The Society provides leadership, guidance and instruction in spiritual, moral, intellectual and practical matters for people who want to minimize or even eliminate dukkhā from their lives. We do this through a number of missionary outreach efforts to individuals, to groups, and to institutions.
In the past 18 months these activities have included:
· Teaching meditation to several groups and close to 100 individuals
· Presenting a number of day-long meditation intensives, and half-day meditation instruction sessions in three states.
· Distributing over 1000 books on Buddhism and the Dhamma, free of charge, to schools, colleges, individuals
· Speaking to classes and individuals at several Midwestern universities
· Spending a day with Army National Guard Officers and men at Diversity Day, Camp Dodge JMTC
· Supervising a professional internship for a community college in Grand Island, NE
· Acting as preceptor for a meritorious ordination.
· Multiple visits with inmates in local jails, and providing them with Buddhist literature.
· Consulting with a number of Buddhist organizations and temples on a wide variety of issues
· Assisting multiple bhikkhus (Buddhist clergy) in obtaining legal advice, medical care, immigration services, social services and more.
In carrying out our missionary outreach, we have traveled more than 10,000 miles. On May 29, our vehicle, a 2003 Honda Element with almost 220,000 miles, was “totaled” in an accident. To continue our work, we need a replacement. To get something in good condition will require some $12,000 to $14,000. To date we have gotten a little more than half of that amount.
If you would like to support the Dhamma, and the efforts of Ariya Magga Buddhist Missionary Society to take the Dhamma to the people, you can help with a donation. We have created a “GoFundMe” account specifically for a new vehicle. The campaign link is: https://www.gofundme.com/27acf6ng.
If you would like to contribute directly, donations can be sent to:
Ariya Magga Buddhist Missionary Society
c/o Wat Phothisomphan
2562 SE 14th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50320
Checks can be made out to AMBMS.
Peace and Blessings
Ariya Magga Buddhist Missionary Society is a non-profit, incorporated in the state of Iowa, with headquarters at Ariya Magga Vihāra (Noble Path Center), located in Sioux City, Iowa USA. For more information on the Society, the Vihara, or the practice, send us an email [email@example.com].